24 Jul FOODS FOR SMARTER AND HEALTHIER BABY!
Foods for Smarter and Healthier Baby!
Nom. Nom. Nom. Lifelong appreciation of tastes starts as early as infancy. If you are currently breastfeeding or bottle-feeding, it’s a good idea to start thinking ahead. Here’s is a list of delicious veggies and fruits that your little one will not only eat, but gulp down to grow smarter and healthier!
1. Avocado: It’s green, can be easily crushed, creamy and most importantly, extremely rich in unsaturated fats. Guess who this green guy is? A…for Avocado! Unsaturated fat is unlike the notorious saturated fat; it’s essential for baby’s brain development. Mash it up with cream cheese or other fruits and veggie. Your feeding time is good to go!
2. Squash: Another good mix-up partner for baby food is here! Squash is a small guy that has all the vitamins A and C. It has the natural sweet taste and creamy texture, which is perfect for swirling it up with other veggie and fruits like avocado.
3. Broccoli: If your baby is reluctant to eating broccoli for it tastes like eating a “tree,” we have a fair point made for you: “If you want to grow tall like a tree, you have to eat lots of broccoli!” Indeed, this leading figure of green veggie has lots of folate, fiber and calcium.
4. Meat: Probably overlooked by many parents as potential baby food ingredient, meat can be very handy when you want to provide your baby zinc and iron. .
5. Blue berry: Oh wait, this is MY favorite fruit! Blue berry’s blue color is the result of flavonoids called anthocyanin. According to the Book Mix and Mash: Adventures in the Kitchen for Baby and You, anthocyanin is essential for baby’s eye, brain, and even urinary track development.
6. Lentils: Be as gentile as lentils! Lentils is rich in fiber and proteins and can give your baby a Christmas-packaged amount of great ingredients for healthy growth. Lentils are also very gentle with its humble price on the shelves. Have your baby enjoy lentils with a mixed combination of other veggie. She will LUVVVV it.
7. Prunes: If your baby is suffering from constipation, help her out with prunes. They have gazillions of fibers and easy to purée and eat with other food.
8. Mandarin Oranges: Antioxidants are very important for boosting baby’s immune system. Guess what? Mandarin oranges contain vitamin C and rich antioxidants that essential for your baby’s healthy defense! They are also very tasty and refreshing! Citrusy bites, yum yum!
9. Dark Leafy Greens: If your baby is having a yuk factor against leafy greens, start with tiny bits. Dark leafy greens are rich in iron and folate that can strengthen baby’s organs like liver and kidney. Make your baby a mini Popeye – more spinach please!
10. Yogurt: Calcium and Vitamin D is great for developing healthy bones and teeth for your baby and yogurt has them all! You can start giving your baby yogurt 6 months after birth. Yogurt will definitely help the performance of your baby’s immune system and build healthier brain and heart.